The Bay Area Kinderstube, located in Albany, is hiring a new full- or part-time Preschool Teacher! With a staff of dedicated professional teachers and director, the Bay Area Kinderstube has provided a warm, loving, and play-based preschool education to German speaking families of the East Bay for over 20 years.
If you or someone you know would be interested in applying to be a Kinderstube Preschool Teacher, please send cover letter, resume, and/or inquiries to email@example.com.
Teacher for Preschool Program, ages 2.5 to 5
The Bay Area Kinderstube (BAKS) is a German language immersion preschool program dedicated to fostering support of the German language in the lives of children between the ages of 2.5 and 5 years. Our mission is to make German language development an integral part of the social-emotional, physical, and cognitive development of the child. The BAKS program seeks to stimulate language ability through play and theme based preschool activities. The language of instruction and interaction with the children is exclusively German. BAKS does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race or religion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Assist in the supervision and oversee safety of the children, from the time of arrival to parent pick-up, both inside and outside the building.
● Assist in providing instructional activities and opportunities that foster German language skills and encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
● Assist in planning and preparing classroom; provide a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors.
● Maintain open and cooperative communication with parents/caregivers and families.
● Assist in planning and implementation of cultural celebrations that are an accessory part of the program (Laternenfest, Christmas celebration, and a Mother’s Day celebration).
● Change diapers of younger children; support efforts of the parent/caregiver in toilet training.
● Assist in administration of snack and supervision of lunch.
● Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
In fulfillment of the mission of Bay Area Kinderstube, the German language is to be used as the language of instruction with all participating children.
LINES OF SUPERVISION
The Teacher reports directly to the Director/HeadTeacher, who will aid and support the teacher in handling problems with particular children or parents/caregivers.
An individual is eligible to hold the position of Teacher by fulfilling one of three scenarios:
1) Has completed 12 postsecondary Early Childhood Education units or equivalent quarter units at an accredited college or university and can show at least six months of work experience in a licensed day care center or comparable group child care program.
a) The educational units specified above must include courses which cover the general areas of child growth and development or human growth and development; child, family and community or child and family; and program/curriculum.
b) Experience shall be verified as having been performed satisfactorily, at least three hours
per day for a minimum of 50 days in a six month period, as a paid or volunteer staff member under the supervision of a person who could qualify as a teacher or director under these guidelines.
2) Possess a current and valid Child Development Associate (CDA) credential with the appropriate age level endorsement issued by the CDA National Credentialing Program, and have at least six months of on-the-job training and/or work experience in a licensed child care center or comparable group child care program.
3) Possess a Child’s Center Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Preparation and Licensing.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
● Is a native speaker of German or can prove language mastery through documentation of German language coursework at the postsecondary level.
● Proof of a completion of or concurrent enrollment in Child and Infant First Aid and CPR classes.
● Complete a health screening prior to employment and take a tuberculosis test.
● Evidence of eligibility to work (U.S. passport or Social Security Card and Drivers License).
● In the event that the candidate is not a U.S. citizen, provide evidence of eligibility to work in the U.S. (U.S. resident alien card (Green Card) or U.S. work permit).
BENEFITS AND PAY
Hourly wage is competitive and depends on education and experience.Teachers who work a minimum of 21 hours a week are eligible to receive individual employee health benefits. Eligible employees may elect to enroll in any combination of medical, dental, and/or vision plans available. Eligible employees will be offered $300 a month applicable toward monthly healthcare benefits premium expenses. Teachers receive up to 160 hours annually of paid vacation during the school vacation weeks between each of the school semesters, in accordance with the work schedule (typically December/January and August). Teachers also receive the following paid holidays when scheduled to work on any of the following days: Labor Day, Thanksgiving Break, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Easter Break, Memorial Day, and Independence Day. Teachers may also receive 80 sick/personal leave hours per year and up to 40 hours of paid educational leave per year.